Sunday, October 9, 2011

The beginning

Well like all things my love for horses had a beggining. I think. haha =) When I was really little my family and I used to go out to Oklahoma to visit my moms parents that lived out there. I would always ask about the horses and ponies that were on either side of my grandparents. My grandma's brother had the horses and I remember one time when I was probably around 9 or 10 years old I was riding one of the horses and my grandma was leading me. Well Star (the horse) didn't like being separated from her colt.. and to top that there was the smell of dead cow in the pastures. So she rears up and I cling to that huge western saddle for dear life! Luckily my grandma was able to catch the leadrope again though haha =).
     Then there's the ponies that I rode at her other neighbores house... haha! My favorite pony was named Cookie... only she wasn't quite so sweet to ride. That pony spooked at EVERYTHING the girl who she belonged to didn't ever ride her but I absolutely loved Cookie. One time when my grandpa was leading me she spooked and yanked the leadrope out of my grandpa's hands and took of around and around the yard. I was riding bareback and was trying to stay on, I was managing untill she ran under a little tree and knocked me off! I wanted to get back on her, but my grandpa had had enough for one day haha =). Those are two of my stories out of many more. But those are just the two that I thought were a good example of my first riding experiences.

1 comment: